10 Reasons Why I Hate Fall

In homage to my blog sisters who wrote posts about why Fall is their favorite time of the year, I write this post:

10 Reasons Why I Hate Fall:

1.  Every one loves the cooler temperatures of Autumn.  I hate them, because the 30 to 40 degree temperature changes daily really do a number on my body.  They make what ever flares of my diseases or illnesses worse, and also start things flaring that have been previously calm.  I have my usual Fall Costochondritis flare that started about a week and a half ago.

2.  Everyone gets sick during this time of year.  I have had a wicked on and off virus, both Grant and Tyler have colds.  It is also allergy season.  You got sick, I know it because I read your tweets.

3.  It is my birthday at the end of this month.

4.  Even if I was happy it was my birthday, it would be ruined because I am always sick…because it’s Fall.

5.  It is Halloween and if I don’t treat my child to fall festivals, pumpkin picking and trick or treating I’ve got Sick Mom Guilt big time.

Boo on Fall!

I’d like to make Fall disappear!

6.  Last year my husband thought it would be nice to put out all my Halloween/Fall decorations.  That was nice, but guess who had to put them away?

7.  I like apple cider doughnuts, pumpkin pie, candy corn and Halloween candy…but they just make me fat.

8.  I love the freedom of summer…shorts, tee shirts, flip flops.  You don’t have to look at what the temperature is, you know it’s going to be warm and you know what to wear.

9.  I never know what to wear this time of year, I never seem to have enough in-between summer and winter clothes either.

10. In the summer you don’t have to blow dry your hair.  I go out with my hair wet, looking like white trash, but I don’t even care.  I am too tired to blow-dry my hair.

And the bonus reason why I hate Fall…It is too close too Winter!

105 Responses to 10 Reasons Why I Hate Fall

1. Granddad Jimmy says:

Fall is that time of year where the leaves fall off the trees and clog the storm drains and that’s when the streets flood out, that’s why I hate fall.

2. keven says:

Yesterday it was a nice 86 degrees and today it is some how today it’s a cold high of 57 degrees and I don’t know how it happen suddenly but in just one day it went from felling like summer to feeling like winter. Yesterday I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and today I’m wearing 2 shirts, a jacket, and long pants and I really hate it. I wish it were still summer because fall really really sucks.

3. carol says:

Keven, I am with you. I hate fall. 30 to 40 degree drops
    are very hard on the body. I wish it was summer all year long.

4. Tim Zurron says:

I hate fall and I hate the wild 40 degree temperature swings that come with fall and I really hate when it rains and the leaves fall on the ground.

5. Rick says:

One day your wearing shorts and flip flops and a week later your wearing snow boots and a winter coat, and thats why I hate the fall season.

6. Quin says:

OMG ! ! ! It’s so cold out side and last week it was warm. Why is it 37 degrees outside today and last week it was 75 degrees out ?

7. Susan says:

Fall sucks because daylight savings ends. In this part of the panhandle of Florida, it is so close to the eastern time zone, where we SHOULD BE ON EASTERN TIME, it gets DARK at 4 damn 30 in the freaking afternoon!!!! THAT IS STUPID!!!!

8. Robert Nelson says:

When I woke up this morning it was 45 degrees out and they say it will be 78, I hate these wild temp swings, why can’t it be a low of 65 and a high of 80 that would be perfect.

9. Andy says:

I hate fall because of the crazy up and down temperatures , one day its 30 something and a week later it suddenly shots up to 80 something. I like summer because it is always warm and I don’t need to spend an half an hour watching the weather channel to figure out what to wear. I wish it were May again so it could be warm for at least 100 days straight without wild temperatures swings.

10. Walter Johnson says:

I hate fall because I am always getting sick with some kind of cold virus all the time.

11. Jeff Thomas says:

I hate fall because there is twice as much laundry to wash and dry than in the summer and that cost more money and time and I hate it.

12. Will says:

I hate fall because of this weeks forecast of these crazy temperatures 31/63, 43/66, 47/72, 39/56, 43/69 , 37/64 , 31/47, and that’s why I hate fall.

13. Erik says:

I hate fall because it’s the time of year I always seem to get sick and also it’s the time of year that my skin starts to crack up like crazy.

14. Kyle says:

Fall is coming and I’m not too happy about it.

15. Billy says:

Don’t you hate it when you finally get used to 90 degree temperatures everyday and suddenly the high temperature drops like 30 degrees over night and it gonna stay like that for a long while.

16. Mikey says:

Fall is here and soon it will be time to take out that 2 tone air conditioner out the window and I’m not looking forward to it and if I leave it in cold drafts will find a way in no matter how much I cover it up.

17. Kimberly says:

one day it’s hot and the next day it’s chilly, the yo yo temperature swings have begun, won’t be long before that nasty cold virus comes along.

18. April says:

Today is cool and the window iis open and soon after that the horrible smell of cigarette smoke is coming iin my house and I am reminded why I hate fall.

19. Andrew says:

I hate fall became I have to watch the weather channel for an hour to figure out what outfit ii need for the day.

20. Chuck says:

Fall is here and winter is coming, must prepare for snowmageddon.

21. William says:

What to wear, long pants or shorts, long sleeve shirt or short sleeve shirt, jacket or no jacket, that’s why I hate fall because I just don’t know what to wear and I hate those in between temperatures because if I dress wrong either I’m sweating or freezing.

22. Old Man Larry says:

It’s cold and damp, and last week it was hot and humid, I hate the sudden temperature change and I rather have hot and humid any day because when it’s hot and humid my arthritis doesn’t act up.

23. Zust says:

It’s 63 out and it fells damp and chilly but when it’s 63 in summer it fells warm but cool, does that make any sense?

24. Glenn says:

I hate fall because it seems like the kids have off a day or 2 every other week some holiday and I hate that because the kids are not mature enough to home alone when I’m at work.

25. Andrew J says:

Where is that global warming when you need it, lol

26. Angel says:

Put a jacket on and I’m sweating bullets, take it off and I’m freezing, I hate fall.

27. Pops says:

I hate fall because that’s when the extreme storms start.

28. Andy says:

Fall is damp and chilly and I just hate it especially since dampness affects my arthritis.

29. Ricky says:

Today the weatherman has forecasted a beautiful temperature of 86 degrees and by the weekend they forecasted a dreadful temperature of 55 with a low of 37, this is why I hate fall because the temperatures can drop like a rock out of nowhere.

30. Alex says:

Today we have a nice warm temp of 81 so far today and tomorrow it will drop down to a high of 55 and a low of 48, and if I didn’t look at the weather channel I would put on my shorts for tomorrow so it looks like long pants and a heave jacket for tomorrow. This is what I hate about fall is that I need to look at the weather channel to know what to wear for the next day and in summer I could go for days or even weeks not looking at the weather channel because in summer I know it will be hot and I know what to wear without even bothering to turn on that weather channel. I just can’t wait for it to be late spring and summer so I will enjoy 3 to 4 good steady months nice hot weather.

I totally agree, Alex. Summer is my favorite season. No jacket, just shorts or capri pants and short sleeves or sleeveless!

31. Mary says:

Leaf mold allergies are getting to me. I really hate autumn.

32. Louis says:

WOW it was pushing 90 last week for the high and this week the low is pushing freezing, it is scary how the weather can change in a blink of an eye during the fall.

33. Jules says:

It’s going to be a record smashing 80 degrees tomorrow and then it’s going to drop to 55 for the high the next day and that makes me sad.

34. Kenny says:

Do you have a I hate winter blog?

35. William says:

Looks like fall is coming early this year and some trees are turning yellow already, looks like we could get a early winter too> I hope I wrong but it looks like fall is here early.

36. Any says:

It’s starting to get cold again and it’s not even fall yet, I don’t like the looks of this.

37. Ruth says:

Don’t you just hate it when you just get use to it being 95 degrees everyday and you can now take it like it was nothing and all of a sudden it’s like some flipped a light switch and it’s 40 degrees outside and your now getting sick.