My Fantasy Super Mom Power

It’s Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop Time Again!

Prompt 4.) If you could have any super mom power, what would it be?

I didn’t have to think too hard on this one, if I could have any super mom power it would be to have the energy my son has so I can keep up with him.

I remember being a kid and feeling boundless energy and my mother saying, “Where do they get their energy from?”

Now here I am.

My situation is a little different from average moms because I suffer from various chronic illnesses, one of which is making me utterly exhausted and the doctors don’t know what it is. I hope to have answers by the end of this month as I have a lot of doctor’s appointments and tests coming up.

It is very difficult to have my seven and a half year old home this summer. I have to take at least one nap every day. I hate that I have to set him up with video games while I sleep.

I have had to explain to him on more than one occasion that I want to go to the pool or the beach or the park with him, that I don’t want to have to sleep every day and that I hate this more than him, but it is very difficult for his to grasp.

He is having some half day camp time throughout the summer, about five weeks, but he is still having more down time than I would like.

I am hopeful that I can have a diagnosis and begin treatment at the end of July and maybe some weeks of summer can be salvaged.

What super mom power do you wish you you had?

943288_520724044652805_941699318_n

Emily Cullen is a pen-name. I suffer from chronic illnesses and diseases which include Asthma, Diabetes and Fibromyalgia. I had battled Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis but there is no longer evidence of me having these diseases and my Rheumatologist has declared them to be "burnt out" of my system. I am separated from my husband, “Grant”. Our son, “Tyler” was born in September of 2006 and suffers from tics and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and is delayed in fine and gross motor skills. In my blog I seek to let sick moms know that they are not the only ones going through this, and to educate people about what can happens when one becomes catastrophically ill. I also strive to break down stereotypes of what a “Welfare Mom” is like. Anything that I have gone through due to being sick, is written on the pages of Mama Sick.
Uncategorized, , , Permalink

15 Responses to My Fantasy Super Mom Power

1. May says:

Oh, I wish you could have even a bit of that super power too so you could share in his fun more fully. But I bet he treasures the time he does have with you.
    May´s last blog post ..Focusing on My Goal

2. Haley Webb says:

I wish I had half the energy that my 4 year old nephew has! If they only knew what a super power they have at that age! Stopping by from Mama Kat’s, you can find me at http://www.simplyhaleywebb.blogspot.com
    Haley Webb´s last blog post ..10 Ways to Cool Off

3. I have a chronic illness and I don’t know if I could keep up with kids. I commend you for doing what you have to do!
    Margaret Tidwell´s last blog post ..Life In The Way?

There are many chronically ill moms with more than one child and I feel the same way, Margaret. I feel blessed by having had my one son.

4. I pray you have an insightful doctor who can really offer you the help you desire so you can have more energy! :)

5. Chelle says:

To get out of bed immediately in the morning & start the day without dragging ass…

6. Janice says:

I hope you get diagnosed soon! It really is very difficult when we try to explain to our kids why things are, but they just don’t have the capacity to grasp it yet. Heartbreaking at times. Someday, I’m sure your son will understand what you’re going through. For now, stay strong. Love as much as I know you probably already do. (((HUGS)))
    Janice´s last blog post ..5 Photography Apps for Android

7. Tina says:

I have a chronic illness, and I usually need a nap, and I usually put my son in front of his computer or a TV while I get that 30-40 minutes. He knows why I am napping, and he is happy to help. Although I know you must be frustrated with your body, it is doing what it believes to be best for you by demanding that you rest. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself a little so you can be there for the rest of the day. Your son will understand. You can do this!
    Tina´s last blog post ..Super Mom

Unfortunately, Tina I need more than 40 minutes at a clip. Despite his protests he always picks little dandelions and purple flowers for me!

8. Kat says:

I hope you find answers soon! And don’t beat yourself up too much, we ALL allow our kids to watch more TV than we’d prefer. You might spend that time napping, I might spend that time painting my nails, blogging…whatever. We all need down time!
    Kat´s last blog post ..For Just A Minute!