I am participating today in the linky #besidesmydiagnosis. If you would like to link up you can do so at The Girl With the 5 Lads. You do not have to be a blogger to participate!
As I was answering the questions I realized that I wasn’t participating in some of the best things or some of my favorites because of my chronic illnesses. It made me feel angry what they, particularly depression, have done to my life and made me more determined not to let them win.
1. #besidesmydiagnosis the three things about my appearance that I love in the mirror? My eyes, my eyelashes and my rosy cheeks.
2. #besidesmydiagnosis the things I have read most are? I love to read cozy mysteries and fiction mostly but occasionally I will read non-fiction.
3. #besidesmydiagnosis my favourite comfort foods are? Italian food, biscuits and gravy, anything with cheese!
4. #besidesmydiagnosis my favourite past times are? Reading, getting out into nature and spending time with my son.
5. #besidesmydiagnosis my biggest accomplishment since illness is? Being the very best mother I can be despite my illnesses.
6. #besidesmydiagnosis I feel my best quality is? I am very patient
7. #besidesmydiagnosis my motto/mantra to live by? Parenting is the hardest and best profession to have!
8. #besidesmydiagnosis I would love to travel to? Paris, Venice, London
9. #besidesmydiagnosis my guilty pleasure is? Watching the Gilmore Girls on Netflix!
10. #besidesmydiagnosis I have many dreams and ambitions such as? I aspire to get my blog’s message out there more. My blog focuses on the difficulties of raising a child while having a chronic illness.
Why these questions?
Many people never describe themselves as beautiful as they do not fit into societies/media stereotype of beautiful. This is rubbish, we are all beautiful so should learn to love ourself. (Question 1) We can find friends through our interests, passions so these may open debates and make people find kindred souls. (Questions 2,3,4) We often focus on negativities and fail to see what we have accomplished since illness and make us thing about our best qualities. (Question 5,6) You can tell a lot about a person by their mantra (Question 7) We all need to hold on to our dreams (Question 8, 10) This is just for fun and giggles (Question 9)