Your Help is Needed! One Last Christmas Miracle

One of my faithful readers and I sometimes exchange emails back and forth.  She is a disabled mom with a four-year-old little boy who has Autism.  We were talking about our mutual tough financial times and she told me that she was not going to have Christmas this year.  No tree, no presents, no nothing.

Any spare money goes to paying doctors, tests, etc. for her illnesses and conditions.  I know how that goes.  My husband and I regularly spend between 15 to 18 thousand dollars a year and we all have health insurance.

The reader said it really wouldn’t matter any way since her son is Autistic, he would not know about Christmas coming and going anyway.

When I read her email, I cried.  I asked her, she did not ask ME, if I could help her. And she has finally allowed me to do it.

Her paypal account is tendaironi@yahoo.com

UPDATE:  She has also, at my suggestion, done a wish list on Amazon, as people have wanted to send gifts.  She is Tendai Phiri.  The list is named Christmas 2010.  She would love some therapeutic things for her son, clothes for him and lastly clothes for her husband and herself.

Christmas may come late for this family, but let’s make it come!

Thank you, my wonderful readers.  Please comment and let me know that you gave so I know how generous people can be.  Even if it’s only five dollars, lots of a little can add up to a lot!

404px-Egan_Nativity_angel

6 Responses to Your Help is Needed! One Last Christmas Miracle

1. Shannan says:

I helped a bit. Every child deserves a Christmas. Hope we can make something magical happen for her.
    .-= Shannan´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – It’s Almost Here =-.

2. a friend says:

Helped a bit.

3. Laura says:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I’m glad I was able to share a little bit.

We also spend an incredible amount of money on health care and we’ve very lucky to have health insurance. I couldn’t stop thinking that last night as I laid in the ER. I feel very blessed.

Wishing her family — and yours — the best this holiday.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Unexpected changes =-.

4. Jacqueline R says:

Gave a little, but she is on my heart now, so I saved her paypal information. If my husband and I are able to give more, we definitely will. Thanks for sharing this story. We all know the hardships of medical bills and wanting to give our kids all that need as well as all they want. Please keep us updated.
    .-= Jacqueline R´s last blog ..Its not pride after all =-.

5. Tendai says:

Thank you all so much! I can express my gratitude for the gifts, the well wishes and kindness. This really has been the season of Christmas miracles and I cannot thank everyone including the blogger who showed mercy on us and mostly my son.

I so felt guilty about not buying him a present for Christmas but we just had no more money left after having 2 back surgeries and a couple procedures just since September. I felt like I was taking advantage of his disability and he didn’t even know it but it was eating away at me. But through the kindness of strangers, my son is enjoying opening boxes and unwrapping presents, all which are new skills and is enjoying it as well as the toys.

Thank you so much for making my son’s Christmas wonderful! May God bless you with a double portion of His goodness in 2011!

You’re a good friend. Here’s to your good karma coming back to you in 2011! 🙂
    .-= Mrs4444´s last blog ..Saturday Sampling- January 1- 2011 =-.