10 Reasons Why I Hate Fall

In homage to my blog sisters who wrote posts about why Fall is their favorite time of the year, I write this post:

10 Reasons Why I Hate Fall:

1.  Every one loves the cooler temperatures of Autumn.  I hate them, because the 30 to 40 degree temperature changes daily really do a number on my body.  They make what ever flares of my diseases or illnesses worse, and also start things flaring that have been previously calm.  I have my usual Fall Costochondritis flare that started about a week and a half ago.

2.  Everyone gets sick during this time of year.  I have had a wicked on and off virus, both Grant and Tyler have colds.  It is also allergy season.  You got sick, I know it because I read your tweets.

3.  It is my birthday at the end of this month.

4.  Even if I was happy it was my birthday, it would be ruined because I am always sick…because it’s Fall.

5.  It is Halloween and if I don’t treat my child to fall festivals, pumpkin picking and trick or treating I’ve got Sick Mom Guilt big time.

Boo on Fall!

I’d like to make Fall disappear!

6.  Last year my husband thought it would be nice to put out all my Halloween/Fall decorations.  That was nice, but guess who had to put them away?

7.  I like apple cider doughnuts, pumpkin pie, candy corn and Halloween candy…but they just make me fat.

8.  I love the freedom of summer…shorts, tee shirts, flip flops.  You don’t have to look at what the temperature is, you know it’s going to be warm and you know what to wear.

9.  I never know what to wear this time of year, I never seem to have enough in-between summer and winter clothes either.

10. In the summer you don’t have to blow dry your hair.  I go out with my hair wet, looking like white trash, but I don’t even care.  I am too tired to blow-dry my hair.

And the bonus reason why I hate Fall…It is too close too Winter!

119 Responses to 10 Reasons Why I Hate Fall

1. I am SO with you. Toddler’s first bday, I was so sick my mom had to do everything. Second bday, she was puking, guests had H1N! and canceled. This year, I’m sick.

Again.

Although, overall I do like Fall, but this aspect is NOT fun.

M
    .-= Pissed Off Patient´s last blog ..The Violence of Positive Thinking =-.

2. Pam says:

My Fibro and I are right there with ya!!

Adding your blog to my blogroll! And am now following you on Twitter.

Hoping it’s a good day for you!

Pam
    .-= Pam´s last blog ..Such A Pain In The Neck RFA Procedure =-.

3. Matty says:

I agree. I prefer summer time too.
    .-= Matty´s last blog ..How You Know the Light Bulb Is On =-.

What? No raking?! 🙂
    .-= Mrs4444´s last blog ..Saturday Sampling =-.

5. Rose says:

You just proved there ARE two sides to every story. Sorry that this time of year isn’t the best for you. Will continue to keep you in prayer. 🙂

6. Lucy says:

I am so with you when it comes to summer instead of the fall. I love that I can count on shorts and flip flops all summer long. I love that the weather is predictable..HOT! Not warm, cold, and disgusting. Living in Utah, you never know whether your getting snow or not in the fall. I hate that.Keep up the good spirits and I will keep you in my thoughts.

7. Malsprower says:

I can relate to this, I have fibro as well and the cold makes my joints stiff and painful. I also have psoriasis which itches in the winter a lot due to dryness. I have come to learn that a gluten free diet helps with my fibro and psoriasis symptoms. The paleo diet (lactose/gluten/junkfood free) is what I am trying right now and my psoriasis disappears and fibro improves when I go paleo for a week. When I drink beer, the gluten goes right to my bloodstream, so I get really achy joints. I try to increase my uptake of omega-3 to reduce inflammation. I am not sure if you have tried these methods or not, but I’d say they work for me.

8. john summers says:

i hate the fall,the mornings i need a winter coat and the middle of the afternoon i needs shorts and a tee shirt because the temps sudden shoot up to 85 degrees when it was 45 early in the morning.i like summer because it’s easy to know what to wear but in the fall it’s not so easy because of the temps go up and down 40 degrees in one day.

9. Carol says:

I hate fall too. The extreme temperatures irritate my allergies. Everyone is getting sick in Michigan too. 39 this morning, 65 out now. Now I know why older people move to Florida.

10. bill johnson says:

i hate the fall, yesterday it was 37 in the morning and it was 68 by mid afternoon.today it’s 38 and they say it will be 69 for the high,i really hate these yo yo temperatures.

11. magneto says:

i really hate fall one day of the week it’s 86 and later in the week the high temperature is somehow a freezing 55 for the high than the next day it shots up to 77,i really hate fall because of those crazy up and down temperatures.

12. mr. killington says:

it’s the first day of fall and it fells like the first day of winter with a high temp of 54,where is that global warming when you need it.

13. george says:

i hate fall because of the wild temperature changes in one day.it was 36 for the low today and now it’s 67.

14. jeff says:

i hate fall because the mornings are like winter and the afternoons are like summer,i hate that because i don’t know what to wear.

15. mr. x says:

i want global warming so every day can be summer.

16. won says:

do you know what i hate more than fall? i hate winter.

17. E says:

i hate fall because i have to turn on the weather channel to know what to wear.

18. fall hater says:

i hate fall because the mornings it’s freezing and by the afternoon i’m soaked in sweet because the temps suddenly shot up 40 degrees.

19. kenny says:

i hate fall,last week i had the heater on and today i have the a/c on because it’s 87 and last week it was 53 for the high.these up and down temps are a good way to get sick.

20. bobby says:

i hate that the mornings are freezing and almost cold enough for a winter coat and by mid afternoon it is seems almost hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk.i really hate fall because the temps can go up or down by as much as 40 degrees.

21. Victor says:

Fall is the season of death.

22. random person says:

i hate fall,it’s a high of 80 one day and it’s suddenly 46 for the high the next day, WTF ! ! ! i hate fall and i hate when the leaves fall off and they clog the sewer drains and it rains like crazy so the streets flood out because the sewer drains are clogged with leaves, WTF ! ! ! also i hate when the first frost of the season comes because it kills my tomato plants.i hate fall because everyone in my house gets sick because of the yo yo temperatures,fall can kiss my ass.

Wow you REALLY hate fall.

• random person says:

also i hate winter.i hate winter because of the snow and ice and windchill of negative 33,winter sucks ass because i hate shoveling the 10 feet of show that comes out of no where,i hate wearing a shirts and 12 pants to keep half assed warm, WTF ! ! ! winter can also kiss my ass.i wish this global warming would kick in because i really hate fall and winter.

23. mr ashol says:

i hate fall because all the leaves fall off the trees and somehow only end up on my pavement,i hate the crazy temperature changes,i hate fall.

24. wacko jimmy says:

leaves are falling,temperatures are falling,blood pressure rising,anger increasing because i hate fall.

25. goldburg says:

fall really sucks if your a nudest, LOL ! ! !

26. rocko blocko says:

i hate fall,i hate the trick or treaters,i hate the falling leaves,i hate the falling temps,and i really hate pumpkins.

27. satan says:

i like heat,i hate the cold.i like sunburn,i hate frostbite.i hate fall,i like summer.

28. ? ? ? says:

fall is the time of year we go from summer straight to winter,i hate fall.

29. doctor says:

i hate fall because in the morning it’s feels like -25 and by mid afternoon it feels like 110.

30. doc brown says:

i will use my time machine to jump past fall and winter to go straight to spring. LOL ! ! ! !

31. chuck norris says:

if fall were a person i would punch them in the face 50 times.

32. richard says:

lets build a 100 mile high wall to keep the cold air from canada from coming here.

33. anderson says:

fall is a good time of year to live in hawaii.

34. wonda says:

fall can kiss my big fat ass.

35. sam says:

everytime fall comes around i get angry.

36. jack says:

where is that global warming when you need it ? ? ? ?

37. king says:

fall and winter are the worst seasons of the year.

38. walter says:

fall is the beginning of the holiday season and i hate the holidays because i hate that the stores want you to buy their useless holiday crap.

39. jimmy says:

fall sucks ass

40. ken says:

yesterday it was a nice warm 71 degrees for the high and today’s high is a freezing 43 degrees this is why i hate fall.

41. glenn says:

one day it’s warm enough for shorts and flip flops and less than a week later it’s cold enough for snow boots and a heavy winter coat. WTF ! ! ! ! ! ! ! i really hate fall ! ! ! !

42. rick says:

did you hear about new york getting 6 feet of snow,it’s not even winter yet and they got 6 feet of snow fall.

43. Victor Zurron says:

today it’s a beautiful 73 degrees and by wednesday the weathermen calls for 3 to 6 inches of snow,this is why i hate fall one day it fells summer like and a few days later it’s snowing.

44. tom says:

i hate fall and it’s holidays.

45. bill anderson says:

i hate fall and i hate that the leaves block up the sewers and the streets flood when its rains.

46. David says:

Fall is coming and it really sucks if a teacher going back to work, Lol !

47. Wendy says:

I hate fall because my fall clothes no long fit from last year, LOL ! ! ! !

48. James says:

Do you know why I hate fall, it’s because it means winter is coming and I really hate winter.

49. Mr. Smith says:

I’m a teacher and I hate fall because I have to go back to work and deal with those pain in the ass high school kids but the good news is i will be retiring in 2 years if the kids don’t kill me before than.